Thursday, July 8, 2010

I Want To Feel Like That Some More

My family and I just had a small, two day outing. We drove to Mammoth Cave National Park, KY and did a two hour cave tour. It was physically exhilarating, and by the time I came out of the cave my legs were a little shaky. It was a great two hour adventure; there were more than 500 stairs on the tour. Afterwards, we boarded a shuttle back to our car. It was very hot, over 100 degrees if you factor in heat index, and there was no air conditioning on the bus. The windows were open and my hair was blowing everywhere. It was a little quiet on the bus as everyone was tired, but during that ride, a thought occurred to me. I turned to my husband who was in the seat next to me and said "This is the least stressed I've felt in weeks".

I'm trying to figure out exactly what caused that moment of peace for me. Maybe it was being away from work. Maybe it was the fact that my cell phone was silent, as it had no service for most of the day. Maybe it was because no one was arguing or fighting, and no one was asking me to do anything, or be anywhere. Or, here's one for ya...maybe it was the fact that I'd just had a pretty intense, two hour work out?

Either way, I'm going to try to recapture that feeling in the days to come. I'm going to talk to Dr. Eve about it, and I'm going to make some changes.

No comments: