Sunday, April 11, 2010

Neat Little Boxes


I remember Dr. Eve telling me that when a task seems too overwhelming, to put a "box" around one part of it, and then when that is complete, move on to the next part. I'm not having much success at that. Often, tasks still seem so huge to me that I surrender and retreat, accomplishing nothing.

I think if I could concentrate on doing one thing at a time, and then FINISHING IT, I'd be doing alright! It's very hard for me to stay focused on something for long. Not that I have Attention Deficit Disorder or anything like that, but I just seem to have too many things going on in my head at once.

Also, I feel like there's never enough time to do everything. I don't think I'm a very good time manager. I wish I could take a few lessons from Miss Pamela in this area. Once she starts a task she sees it through. Miss Pamela never seems to misplace anything, and rarely forgets a detail. Maybe this is because she has no clutter. I'm not sure how that happens. Clutter consumes our house. Keeping it contained even a little, seems like a monumental, if not impossible task to me.

In my mind I always think, "One day when I don't have to work, I'll finally get my house organized the way I want it". What a silly, silly way to think!

I've read that a cluttered desk (room, or home) is a sign of a cluttered mind. I believe this to be very true. There are so many thoughts in my head at any one given time, that there's no way to give my full attention to just one. To get the idea, imagine you are trying to read a book. Now someone turns on the radio. Next, someone flips on the television. Now, someone starts trying to ask you something, then another person, and another...all at the same time. Often, that's how my thoughts race; even when I'm completely alone and quiet. Welcome to my head.

No comments: