Sunday, April 25, 2010

Do You Really Support The Cause? REALLY?


I'll bet I'd be hard pressed to find one reader who hasn't donated to breast cancer research. I'd go as far as to say some have even participated in walks or other fund raising events. Ladies wear pink to the Kentucky Oaks to raise awareness. Yes, we're all quick to wear our pink ribbons and support the cause. But right now I want each and every reader to think about two questions, and answer them both with complete HONESTY. When was the last time you had a mammogram? When was the last time you had a pap test?

This subject came up in conversation with some women I was with the other day and I was very shocked to hear that many of them do not have regular tests performed. Some had not had either test performed in several years. I had to step back for a minute on that one. Is it because they are scared of the procedures? Is it because they are lazy? Maybe they just think cancer will never happen to them? A woman I used to work with, who's sister had died of breast cancer once told me she was afraid the tests might find something and she'd just "rather not know". Seriously???

You owe it to yourself and to the people that love you to be responsible for your own health and well being. If you are overdue for either of these tests, please make it a priority to call for an appointment today!

No comments: