Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Thoughts


What a lovely Easter weekend I've had so far. Other than a short little rain shower that moved through Saturday morning, the weather has been perfect. Scarlett came by for awhile yesterday and we had a great visit. She helped me with my carrot cake project, we had a couple of cocktails, and had some good girl time. After that, the family and I loaded up for Kitty's house where we had a fabulous meal and a most relaxing evening. Everyone was happy and in a good mood, and the evening was just perfect.

This Easter morning, it's quiet. All my family members are home and sleeping. The sun is shining and I'm looking forward to another great day with family. My Dad will come for dinner today, and also my wonderful mother-in-law, Cher.

I've used a great number of adjectives in this piece, but I feel particularly happy today. I guess I'm getting more and more like Cher when I say this, but I just love it when we can all be together. It's a simple statement, and we poke fun at Cher sometimes for saying it, but the older I get the more I can appreciate it when everyone is healthy and happy.

I send love today to some people who are on mind:

My sister won't be able to be here today since she is in rehab, recuperating from some surgery. She just needs to focus on getting well so she can be here for the next family get together.

I've been praying for someone else's sister, who needs to dig deep inside and find some motivation to get well and to change her life. I hope she will find the inspiration she needs and will get some help.

And for the numerous other friends, and friends of friends who are battling cancer and other illnesses, I pray for healing for some, and freedom from pain for others.

Happy Easter to all. Be thankful for your blessings.

1 comment:

Scarlett said...

I did some reflecting this weekend too, Mary. I had to finally "let go and let God" handle a situation that my parents and I have tried to deal with for a few years. But you know me - how I believe we can find something good out of something bad. One of the people that I had to "let go" of said something I will never forget, and it applies to the people you mentioned you were praying for. She told a story about a friend with cancer, and how people in their church kept praying for her to be healed. She said that God did in deed answer their prayers after all - instead of taking the cancer away from her, He took her away from the cancer.