Saturday, June 20, 2009

We Don't Need Any New Recruits

I know a very beautiful 24 year old woman who has a broken heart. I've known this girl her whole life. She comes from a wonderful, loving family. Her boozing, cheating, lying boyfriend just broke up with her....for the second time.

She wants so much for him to change. She's finding herself driving around looking for him at all hours, spying on him, and worrying herself incessantly. She's become a CIT (Codependent-In-Training).

I talked with this girl a little and shared part of my story. I told her that even though it may not seem like it right now, she's been given a wonderful gift; the chance to move on and start her life over again. The chance to get to know herself, and to one day find a partner she can trust. I'll be saying some prayers for this girl. I hope it will help.

1 comment:

madison said...

I don't know who this person is but, I am right there with you sister. You have passed on information that could save her from much more heartach in the future. To honest though we both know all too well, people do not listen. We know, we've been there. I hope she listens and I hope he moves on and doesn't give her a choice, and I prey she can learn to make better choices for herself.