Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My Thoughts On Summer Vacation

My mind is tired. My body is tired.
I'm off work tomorrow and I need it bad.

Summer vacation starts for the kids tomorrow and it's making me feel a little blue. How exciting it is for them to be off all summer! Nothing to do but hang out with your friends and have fun. Why do responsibilities and life have to prevent us grownups from doing that? This summer I'll just be looking forward to working my ass off only to be criticized and put down because no matter how much I give, it's never good enough.

I want to lay out by the pool. I want my 1970 Nova back so I can cruise the park. I won't even care that I don't have air conditioning, I'll just roll down all the windows! All the better for me to blast my homemade AC/DC cassettes!

I'm thankful I have a job that pays pretty well and puts food on my table; I really am. But I'm not going to lie....I'm sad that the carefree days are gone and in their place are a mound of bills, a ton of responsibility, and a never ending pile of laundry.

No comments: