Monday, August 24, 2009

Can't Everything Just Slow Down For A Minute?


I don't like things to change. I am a creature of habit; I need familiarity in my life to feel stable. Yet things around me are changing at an alarming rate. My kids are growing faster than I can stand. They are becoming more and more independent. Aside from the people, nothing is familar at work anymore. Things are changing daily and it's either adjust to the changes or don't get a paycheck. I guess change can be a good thing but sometimes it just doesn't feel like it.

I can't yet discuss the particulars, but tonight I'm trying to get my head around some news I heard that will dwarf any changes that have come down the pike in awhile. A change I'm just not ready for. Maybe it's necessary, maybe it's not. The fact is I can't control it so I won't even exhaust myself trying.

Like everything else in my life I'll accept what is. If it happens, it happens and I'll find the good in it. But I won't lie; for selfish reasons, right now I hope it doesn't happen. Maybe things will seem different after I sleep on it, but tonight I'm just not sure I can stand it.

2 comments:

Kitty said...

You must really be slowing down...not entry for over a week! help a sister out! luv ya

Mary said...

Sorry Kitty, I've had writer's block. I'll make it up to you!!