Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Shrunken Head Collection

I saw Dr. Eve this week and we agreed this would be my last session for now. We recapped a few things and she assured me she would continue to be available when I need her but not necessary for me to come on a regular basis right now. I told her I thought I was doing better. She laughed and said "I think so! When you first came to me you couldn't even breathe!!" She was correct.

There are more, but the main concepts and ideas I will take from this round of sessions are:

1. I'm still grieving over the death of my Mother.
2. The importance of breathing correctly, particularly when I am anxious.
3. The Fight or Flight concept and how panic affects my physical health.
4. My need to control and my desperate fear of losing control will probably always be a part of my life.
5. When a task seems too large and overwhelming, break it down in to smaller tasks and put boxes around them so I may allow myself to accomplish one thing at a time.
6. When someone is hitting an idea to me it's often wise to "hit it back" instead of grabbing it, analyzing it, offering my thoughts, and pissing people off.

Thanks Dr. Eve. Hopefully I won't need to call on your for awhile but it's good to know you're there if I do.

No comments: