Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Freedom

Happy 4th of July to all.

My kids left on Monday, for a visit to see their Aunt Kitty in South Florida. It's very strange to be without them. Everything is different. I'm realizing that most decisions I make during a day, concern them.

Can I go out for a drink after work? Sure. No one to pick up.
Do I need to hurry? No. No one is home.
Do I need to pick up something for dinner? No! You ate snacks at the restaurant, and no one else at home will eat dinner.
Does July 4th need to be a laundry day? No. There's hardly any laundry. It can wait til the weekend.

It's an interesting example of how kids change your life. Even at 12 and 14, I have to consider them when making most any decision. I'm enjoying the freedom, but I know I will be ready to get back to my routine in a few days, and I'll be missing them like crazy.

1 comment:

Gordon said...

I can't fathom the responsibility of children, but I am sure you are a wonderful mother, and I am sure you love it.