Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

It's Christmas morning and my family is still sleeping. I'm having coffee with a cat curled up on my lap, and searching for inspiration to publish a Christmas post.

Lots of emotions this quiet morning. I am thinking of Kitty and family spending their first Christmas in South Florida. I am so glad Kitty's mother Cher was able to fly down and be with them.

I'm a little sad that my kids are too old for Santa. I miss that thrill of them charging down the stairs on Christmas morning. But at the same time, I'm proud of the young people they are growing up to be.

It's the 4th Christmas without her, but I'm still missing my mother. I guess that will never change.

I am trying not to think too far into 2012. I'm trying to live in the moment and think about today. Today I will celebrate Christmas with my husband and my children. We'll open gifts and then have a big country breakfast around noon. This evening we will go to my husband's brother's house for food, sweet wine, and probably some karaoke. Then, the big day will be over. Right now that's about as far out as I can think.

My son is in the shower and my daughter just came downstairs, so I guess it's time for presents. Merry, Merry Christmas to my friends and readers. I hope your day is low stress, and that you will be blessed in some special way.

No comments: