Thursday, December 8, 2011

How Are We Doing?

This shit is hard.

I came home from work today and discovered that in a hurry to get out of the house, my husband left an entire pound of sliced turkey and about a quarter pound of ham sitting out on the kitchen counter all day. My immediate response, out loud to my son, was "Daddy's gonna pay for this!!". Then....I remembered my challenge. How can I stay positive??? I thought about the kindness lesson from yesterday, and by the time my husband got home I was able to calmly say "Honey, guess what? You must have been in such a hurry today you forgot to put away the lunchmeat!". He was so upset, but only about his own actions, not by my words. I was so happy I didn't light into him. It would have been unnecessary.

The random act of kindness was vague. It involved helping with some Christmas decorating. A half hearted attempt at this gesture.

Little things like holding your tongue and random acts of kindness sound simple. They are not.
I didn't have the energy to see what Day Three might bring. It's gonna have to wait.

No comments: