Saturday, May 14, 2011

This Is A Test

I read something the other day that says "The fastest way to freedom is to feel your feelings". I talk about my feelings all the time. It doesn't mean you have to air all your dirty laundry, or tell every aspect of your personal life. For me, it's just a way to work through my issues. After all, I've said before, I believe life on this earth is a test. When our time here is done; how far have we come? Not how much money did we make. Not how high did we get promoted in our company. But how much did we grow as a human being? How many obstacles did we face and conquer? What things did we do to truly help someone? Not what did we appear to do. Not community service or volunteer work that we grumbled about. What did we do to help someone that really made us feel good inside? And did we do these things with good intentions, or did we want something in return? Are we superficial? Do we smile at people for which we truly harbor hate? Do we resent the sucesses of others, or find joy in their accomplishments?

I truly believe it's all a test. And to me, feeling my feelings, talking about them, and working through them are the only way I feel I can grow enough to pass it.

No comments: