Thursday, May 12, 2011

Derby Review 2011

Well, the Kentucky Derby was 5 days ago, and while my husband is still not completely recovered from it all, I'm happy to say--I'm doing great! This year I loaded my kids into the car and drove to Cincinnati, OH for a drama free, stress free weekend. The kids and I ate at some great local restaurants, we visited the Freedom Museum, we saw Cirque du Soleil OVO, the kids swam at the pool, and we did some sleeping. It was terrific. And the best part....not a drunk person in sight. No "once a year, fair weather friends" mysteriously appearing in my kitchen, trying to hug me and tell me how we need to get together more often, no late night rants, no laying in bed wondering what was going to happen next, no noise, no nothin'.

I think this may be a new tradition.

No comments: