Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Progress Report



My kids brought mid-term Progress Reports home yesterday. So I was thinking...in the "Report Card of My Codependent Life", most of the things that happen to me are like little quizzes. Easy enough to get a pretty decent score if you study a little. But The Kentucky Derby is equal to my "finals". It all leads up to this. It's Wednesday of Derby Week, so it's a good time for a Progress Report of my own.

When I first decided to write this journal I vowed to myself that it would not be an ongoing itemized list of every drink my husband took or every bad decision he made while drinking. It would not be a list of his misdeeds. This journal is NOT about him; it's about me.

With that, my dear readers, I will just say this has been a trying few days for me. I'm not quite ready to write about how I dealt with Derby 2009 because it's far from over. A lot can happen in three or four days (usually isn't over until Monday). I can tell you I'm not going to win any awards for healthy reactions, thoughts, or behaviors.

I have however, done a lot worse.

No comments: