Monday, February 9, 2009

A Riddle For My Readers

This is a true story; although I know exactly what I'm obsessing about...lol.

After dinner Saturday night, someone in my house splattered a dab of spaghetti sauce on the floor next to the garbage can.

I kept meaning to go wipe it up but I kept forgetting, or maybe I just kept putting it off (you all know I don't have time to be a good housekeeper).....anyway every time I threw something into the garbage over the weekend I saw it.

So you know those ink blots psychiatrists make you look at to see what's going on inside your head? Your eye turns them into objects or designs and the psychiatrist can tell what you may be thinking (or even obsessing) about from your interpretation of the ink blots. Well, every time I looked at the splat of spaghetti sauce on the floor I saw a spider. It was as clear as a bell--definitely a spider.

Now why would I be seeing a spider in the spaghetti sauce splat???

1 comment:

Mystical said...

Well darn, if you had said that it looked like Jesus we could have sold it on ebay and made a fortune! Are you sure it looked like a spider? I absolutely hate spiders. Me thinks that maybe this was your self consious telling you that you should stomp on it to kill it (because you were ticked about it) and then clean it up (because nobody leaves a dead spider laying around). You were probably mad when you saw it and thought "now who did that and why didn't they clean it up themselves?!" If you ask me, I think the old Mary would have cleaned it up right away because she couldn't stand not fixing the problem. So, I say congrats on letting it go....at least for a few days anyway. I'm so glad that I can be wierd on your blog! Tootles...