Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Follow Up

In response to yesterday's post, Scarlett commented:

My dear friend, I believe I'm the queen of "bottling." But in the past few months, I've made great strides in "unbottling." I just wish I'd unbottled sooner. But better late then never.
-Scarlett

I decided to make my response to her comment today's post. Besides, I just had to include the pic!

Scarlett,
I will not argue with you; in the past you have been a master at this art! But in my humble opinion, I believe for both of us this was a learned behavior. Unlike some of our friends, our parents were not "hippies" from the peace and love generation and did not encourage us to speak our minds. They were older, and were from a time when children were seen and not heard.
In fact, I'm not sure that's not one of us in this photo. It's at least got to be someone we know! Look at the little girl's face. It probably took years of therapy and Twelve Step Programs to fix her later!

You are making huge strides in this department (and many others), we both are. You won't be the queen of this for long!

2 comments:

Mystical said...

Now for the other side of the coin. I am the epitome of "Hippie Spawn". But, I also keep my feelings bottled and sometimes it's a good thing and other times not so good. I wish I could speak my mind more freely. In my house, growing up, it was all love and peace and no matter what, that's what it was. See what I mean? I guess it was like the pink elephant in the room that everyone ignores. So, I guess it goes both ways, right? Interesting to think about tho.

Mary said...

I guess that makes sense too! Just be happy and don't think about things that are a drag! LOL.

We've all got issues! Most important thing is that we all grow, even if just a little.