Saturday, June 22, 2013

Saturday Morning Thoughts


So many thoughts come to me on weekend mornings as I'm sitting around drinking my coffee--usually with a purring cat on my lap.   

My mind is like a computer's anti virus,  constantly scanning, scanning, scanning--reviewing the events of the week, analyzing them. Eliminating  (or attempting to eliminate) the parts that can cause me harm. 

It was a hectic week, particularly at work, but not a bad week. For the most part I think I'm content this morning.

If I had a magic wand, there are things I would change, but that's just me desiring to be in complete control. The fact is I don't have a magic wand, so I have to control the things that I can can, and let orher people control their part.  

God grant  me the serenity 
to accept the things I cannot change. Courage to change the things I can, 
and wisdom to know the difference.



No comments: