Sunday, June 27, 2010

Random Sunday Thoughts


Why does it seem to be human nature to point out other people's weaknesses in an attempt to make ourselves look better? I had to stop myself from doing that one day this week. I wanted to call another manager at work to tattle about something a third manager had done. I was proud of myself for laying the phone down and not making the call.

I am hopeful about starting counseling this week. Hopeful, but also nervous. This will be a new counselor, but I'm still going to refer to her as Dr. Eve. This one grew up with an alcoholic in the house, so I'm thinking she may be a little better equipped to handle my codependent issues.

I keep having scary dreams. Last night I dreamt one of my friends was murdered. I was trying to solve the case and I was sitting having a conversation with the deceased, who was giving me leads. Then I was trying to find a company to hire that would come clean up the crime scene. It was gruesome, sad, frustrating and scary.

I feel very sorry for jealous people. I used to be very jealous, particularly after my first marriage. It's a crippling insecurity, really. You can quickly turn off people who care alot about you by thinking they may like someone else more than you. I've put that way behind me now, and I will never feel insecure like that again. I won't be a part of it, and I won't tolerate it from others. I know there is room in everyone's heart to love lots of people, and caring about one person does not mean you care less about another. My heart goes out to a friend of one of my readers today, as her marriage is about to end over crazy, mad jealousy. Quite frankly, I hope she makes it out safely.

Finally, a welcome to two new Detach followers. Sophie, I'm not sure I know you, but welcome! And a big shout out to TJ (I'm Just Waiting On A Friend, dated October 9, 2009). I hope you will find something interesting in here from time to time, and I always welcome your comments (as long as they agree with mine...I am codependent and need constant validation!).

Have a happy and healthy week, full of peace, Detach friends. Healthy Mind. Healthy Body.

No comments: