Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Job Description


Next week I will begin counseling again and I'm very excited. One thing I want to talk about is my job description. My job description was written by me, for me, and it's completely impossible to accomplish.

Works outside the home full time
Cooks a healthy, yet tasty dinner every night, making sure not to waste any of the fruits or vegetables in the fridge
Keeps the house clean
Gets plenty of sleep
Ensures children are happy and never bored by delivering them wherever they need/want to be in a timely manner
Makes sure children are not looking at inappropriate websites or hanging out with crack heads
Makes sure hair never has grey roots
Makes sure nails and toes are groomed and polished
Makes sure everyone's laundry is done to their specifications
Fits in quiet "me" time to relax, pray, and meditate
Spends quality time with husband and children
Sets aside time each day to excercise
Sets aside time each week to write in blog
Never wears frumpy clothes or unattractive sleepwear
Tackles at least one household project each week
Never forgets to keep in contact with friends and family members
Keeps car clean, vaccumed, and french fry free

Let me just say, this list goes on and on. And because my expectations for myself are so high, I will never, ever feel fulfilled. This is no way to live.

No comments: