Sunday, June 6, 2010

Easy Target


There is a weakness about me that people with stronger personalities seem to sense. Maybe it's part of being codependent, but I feel that often times I am an easy target and therefore receive the brunt of people's anger, when really they aren't angry with me at all. They are frustrated with others, but don't have the desire to pick a fight with them, so they aim their anger towards the easiest target they can find. Someone who won't fight back. Someone who will later sit back, analyze the conversation, and somehow twist things around to rationalize they deserved it because they did or said something wrong.

I very much hate being this kind of person.

I know that the only way to avoid this is to focus on myself and be strong. When I'm strong, people treat me differently. Right now I'm weak, and I'm paying the price.

No comments: