Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Come On, Come On, Listen To The Money Talk


Due to an odd chain of events, tonight I'm thinking about money, and the affects it has on all of us.

I know people that have too little money, and are constantly stressed about bills, and keeping their financial heads above water.

I know people who make lots and lots of money, yet are constantly stressed about bills, and keeping their financial heads above water.

I know people who work themselves into the ground, physically and emotionally, to get money, then they are so stressed and exhausted that they can't enjoy it.

I know people who spend their entire lives thinking when they win the lottery, or gain an inheritance, all their problems will finally be solved.

I know people who believe they can use their money to control others.

I know people who have allowed an inheritance or material possesions to tear them away from their brothers and sisters forever.

I know people who think if they just buy enough "stuff", they'll somehow be happy.

Money is tricky. Most of us need it to survive, yet some of us allow it to destroy us.

No comments: