Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm Back

So it's been a busy few days, with funeral visits and then an out of town trip to meet my new great-nephew. I enjoyed my visit to Minnesota, and wish I would have been able to drive all the way back home in the 2010 Camaro I rented. Would have been a lot more fun than flying. Anyway, I had a long weekend with no commitments, which was great. Sure, I was helping care for two small children, but I just didn't have that constant nagging that I needed to hurry, or there was someplace I needed to be. I realized this weekend that I do that alot. When I have to stay a little late at work I'm thinking I need to hurry home. When I'm at home I always think I need to be doing this, or doing that. It's hard to feel accomplished that way because no matter where I am, I'm always focused on where I feel I should be, and that makes me anxious.

I have to find a way to feel satisfied with myself, and what I'm able to accomplish. Life is too short to always be in a hurry.

No comments: