Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Reflections


So the Derby is over. I'm sick of feeling sorry for myself, and now I've progressed to the next (very predictable) stage, which is anger. I'm ready to start focusing on myself again, and ready to get back to business with my diet and working out, and I'm anxious to get some home improvement projects under way. It's time to move past this set back and once again, start moving forward.

I don't have a lot to say right now, because my head is filled with ten thousand thoughts and I can't focus on any one of them long enough to write about it. I plan to spend the day relaxing, and getting myself back on track. Maybe I'll come up with something to write about this week.

The only notable thing I'd like to journal today is the encounter I had this past Friday. It was a beautiful day, very sunny and warm, but I was feeling very heavy, very troubled. I walked outside my building at work to take a box to the dumpster. No one was outside but me, and it was unusually quiet. For some reason I started to think about my mother. I asked for her strength. I asked for her to watch over me. At that exact moment, a very large, very long, warm gust of wind came up and enveloped me. It went all around and all through me. I got goose bumps all over, even on my face. I just stopped walking, and stood still with my arms outstretched. I believe I received a hug from my mother, and it felt really, really good.

1 comment:

Mystical said...

I think the anger stage might be good for you...it gives you motivation to do what needs to be done. A lot of times it seems like anger is so destructive but you seem to be able to channel it into something good instead of letting it eat you up...Good job my friend.
By the way, your Momma story is fantastic and brings tears to my eyes. What a lucky girl you are to have such a connection...cherish it.