Sunday, May 16, 2010

She Was Tired


I feel like I fell overboard from a ship and I'm watching it move further and further away in to the distance. Right now it's all I can do to swim enough to keep my head above water. I'm talking about Healthy Mind, Healthy Body. My mind is far from healthy and it's preventing my body from being there too. I haven't walked on my treadmill more than a handful of times in the last month and I have no energy.

I'm very frustrated with finding an appropriate middle school for my daughter next school year. It seems like everywhere I turn I hit a wall. It's almost as if we just need to "know our place" in society and send her to the gigantic, rowdy school my son attends.

Work is overwhelming right now. We are fully in to our busy summer season. We are two people short, and myself and two other people are picking up all the slack. I can barely keep my own work load afloat. As tired as we are, none of us feels comfortable asking for a day off and that seems to frustrate everyone even more.

My hip hurts, Something has been "pinched" in my lower back for weeks, and I find myself fantasizing continuously about sleeping.

I've got to snap out of it.

No comments: