Friday, May 15, 2009

Farrah's Story


I was surprisingly moved by the documentary "Farrah's Story" which aired on NBC tonight. I really only watched it by chance. Almost immediately after the show began however, I forgot about Farrah being a celebrity and just thought of her as a woman battling cancer. By the time the show finished I felt like she was my friend and I was literally sobbing.

I am far from ready to die but I'm not afraid to die. I am however, terrified of cancer. I honestly don't think I could endure what this woman has had to go through. No one should have to endure what this woman has gone through, yet I doubt there's even one person reading this who doesn't know someone who has had to fight this fight.

The bond between Farrah and her friend Alana Stewart touched my heart. Farrah's decision to document her journey along with Alana, was poignant and moving, and allowed us to hear her story in Farrah's own beautifully written words, instead of believing what's published in the tabloids she was forced to battle through much of her illness.

You will be an angel, Farrah. I hope your pain will soon be over and your spirit will be set free. Thank you for sharing your wonderful, courageous story with us.

No comments: