Thursday, May 14, 2009

Counting My Blessings

When I came out of work today and discovered my front tire was flat again I decided I'd ride it up to the quickie mart and fill it with air again just as I had done during lunch today. I'm getting a new set put on tomorrow so I figured a can of Fix-A-Flat and some air would hold me over til then.

By the time I got to the air hose my tire had come off the rim. There would be no fixing this tire. I called AAA who sent a Rescue Ranger to put on my little spare.

I felt a little sorry for myself until I got home and heard the voice message saying my friend's brain cancer was back and they were performing another surgery on him in a few days. I changed my attitude real quick. Thank you God for only giving me a flat tire today! Aren't I lucky that I didn't damage my rim driving to the gas station? Aren't I blessed to have a cell phone, an AAA membership, and a good spare tire??!! Life is good!!

1 comment: