Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Just Decided This....Just Decided It This Very Minute


I was watching Laura Bush talk to Oprah about her new book "Spoken From The Heart" the other night, and I couldn't help but think how beautiful, articulate, and engaging she was. I found myself intrigued with what she had to say, and thought how much more interesting and intelligent she seemed than her husband.

In fact, I feel the same way about Barbara Bush, Michelle Obama, and in some ways, Hillary Clinton.

Throughout history, many women have been powerful rulers over great nations. Contrary to what most Americans may believe, it is not a new concept. Nefertiti, Cleopatra, Joan of Arc, Queen Elizabeth I, Catherine the Great, Golda Meir, and Indira Ghandi are just a small sampling of them.

After watching the last few men this country has had in office, I've decided it's high time we put a woman in charge.

No comments: