Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Quotes I Like


"If it grows out of the ground or you can pick it off a tree, chances are it's good for you."
-Bob Harper - The Biggest Loser



We all know processed, pre-packaged foods are not good for us. In an attempt to cut even more of them from my diet, I have made an amazing discovery: I actually really like a lot of healthy foods! Fresh avacado, blueberries, raspberries, celery, bananas, tomatoes, and pineapple are my favorites.

This spring I will be doing something I think is very exciting. I am purchasing a "share" in a local farm. Several of the people who work in my building have been doing this for a few years now. The farmers will deliver fresh fruits and vegetables from their farm to my office building once a week for 10 weeks. In addition, they will offer fresh eggs and meats. This is a win/win situation. My family will be eating the freshest foods, free of hormones and chemicals, and we will be supporting a local farm and family.

I am extremely excited about this new venture, and can't wait until my first delivery.

Some of my readers are fortunate enough to have their own very nice vegetable gardens, but if you are like me and have to rely on the grocery store, you may want to check out this site:
http://www.mistymeadowsfarm.vpweb.com/CSAInformation.html
or contact a farm in your area.

No comments: