Friday, July 24, 2009

Road Trip 2009


We arrived home from our family vacation a few hours ago.

Nearly 1800 miles in the car with my husband and two kids.
Three nights at a relative's house, where a 22 month old baby lives.
Two nights in hotels; packing and unpacking the car.
Lots and lots of money flying out of my bank account.

Remarkably.....a splendid time was had by all. Hardly any bickering, and we laughed alot. Even though there were situations and some stories about family members that could have made me jump into the driver's seat and attempt to control, I did not. I said "Live and let live". I thought "what can I do when I get home to live a better life?" I let go as best as I could and it felt good.

When I got home there were letters from my kids' schools with instructions about the new school year. Thankfully, my daughter got the teacher we requested. That made me very happy. As always, I have anxiety about the school year starting, but I'll save that for another post. For tonight, I'm just proud of myself for keeping my mouth shut and letting go; at least for today.

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

I'm glad you had a great, drama-free trip but I sure am glad to have you back.

madison said...

I am so proud of you, and happy that you enjoyed your trip, but very glad you're home. Check out my comment from the Dr eve relaxation post.