Sunday, June 5, 2011

Random Sunday Thoughts

Just some of the stuff rolling through my head this quiet Sunday morning...

A line from the book "Eat, Pray, Love" keeps sticking in my head. "Search for God like a man with his head on fire searches for water". I've mentioned this a few times lately, but more and more, I feel this life is a test. A test for getting closer to God. I've never believed in reincarnation, but I am beginning to wonder if we are sent back again to continue our journey. To redo the things we failed at the other times. It's a controversial subject, and I don't want to go "Shirley McClain" on my readers, but it is a thought that has been heavy on my mind. You keep taking the test until you get it right. Until you really, truly understand what it's all about; because the more I'm around different people, the more I know there are a lot of us that just don't get it.

I'm thinking of my friend Marty-Marr today. This week will mark one year since he lost his mother. Marty-Marr, you are in my heart.

A friend came to me a couple of days ago with the problem of beating herself up over a mistake. Something I just wrote about in this journal. Funny how I could see so clearly how she needed to let it go and forgive herself, but I have such a problem doing it myself. Friend, if you are reading this, I hope you have moved on and put it out of your mind.

I saw a little girl the other day, who was probably about 11 years old, and probably about 200 lbs. Her face was as red as a beet and she was huffing and puffing walking across the parking lot to the store. This would have been a relatively rare sight when I was a kid, but today it's almost the norm. The other day in the hair dressers, I saw a dad, around 400 lbs (Biggest Loser size), with his little son of about two years old. While they were waiting, he gave the baby pink Hostess Snow Balls, a full size bag of Dorito chips, and a Bug Juice drink. We are shortening our kids lives with Cheap, Convenient, pre-packaged, processed foods. We are killing them with fast food, and unhealthy school lunches. White milk and water have been replaced with sugary flavored milk and soda pop. And I really don't see any end in sight. I feel like it's being laid upon my heart to do something about this, but I don't know what.

My head is full today and thoughts are swirling more than they have in awhile. I want my mind to be still and quiet today to sort them out. I have a lot of work to do, so maybe that will help.

Have a peaceful Sunday, readers. Take time today to breathe.

1 comment:

Miss Pamela said...

Yes, I did read today. Our talk on Friday helped greatly. I can't say I am stress free over the mistake, but I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks again for your ear & thoughts!

Miss Pamela