Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What Next?


While I'm waiting on the final two "reason" stories, I thought I'd talk about what's coming up for "Detach".

As we learned early on, a major part of being codependent is spending so much time focused on other people that we neglect ourselves. As I inch closer and closer to age 50, I'm feeling very passionate about eating right, exercising, and getting mind and body healthy. It's cliche', but I truly want to live my best life; and I know many of you feel strongly about this too. I'm feeling less and less like dwelling on what other people are doing. I'm trying to eliminate negative energy from my life. Some days I'm more successful than others.

Jillian Michaels has a new show airing this spring called "Losing It". It's somewhat of a "Supernanny" concept, with a "kinder/gentler" Jillian moving in to families' homes for a week. She'll go to work with them to see the challenges they face there, she'll teach us we CAN afford to eat healthy, and she'll show us how to fit health and well being into our daily lives. She hopes to dispel some of the excuses people always give for not eating healthy or being able to lose weight. I am quite sure I'll be talking a lot about this show because I absolutely cannot wait to watch it.

I'm also going to talk about some concepts by Oprah that focus on getting organized and "Decluttering My Life"; something I struggle with constantly--clutter.

I'm going to talk about sleep and dreams; a subject that has fascinated me my entire life. Why our dreams are important, and why it's vital to get a good night's sleep.

And it won't all be serious. Mystical has shared an idea for a very fun topic, but I'm keeping that one under my hat; there has to be a few surprises!

Stay tuned, "Detach" readers! There's lots of good things coming this Spring!

No comments: