Saturday, March 13, 2010

Quotes I Like

This week my husband and I will celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary, and 18 years of being together. We had the rare opportunity to spend the day together yesterday (we were both off work and the kids were at school), and tonight we will go to a lovely dinner downtown.

There have been good years and there have been really, really bad years. But we've managed to endure, and have hopefully weathered the worst of the storms. There's a peace in our home right now that comes from both of us being responsible for our own actions. For me, it comes from not trying to control. It comes from accepting the things I can not change, and embracing the courage to change the things I can.

I ran across this quote and thought it was timely.

"The only thing worse than a man you can't control is a man you can."
-Margo Kaufman

No comments: