Monday, March 15, 2010

My Reason For Being Here - Sara's Inspiration


You may remember Sara as being my friend and neighbor who spent her 49th year of life preparing to grab "50" by the horns and tackle it to the ground (Way To Go, Sara, December 13, 2009).

Not only is she an inspiration, but her whole family are key players in my family's lives. Sara is married to one of my favorite people, Marty-Marr. Sara's oldest daughter is a talented artist and a beautiful young woman. Her youngest daughter and my daughter are complete and total BFF's.

Sara put a lot of thought in to her story, and shared with me a lot of feelings about it over the past few weeks.

Here is Sara's Reason:

What is my purpose in life? I have given much thought to this question over the past weeks. I would have answered this question in a much different way five or ten years ago. Have the dreams of my younger years accomplished? Some yes and some no. I did not become a doctor as I had originally planned, but I have a wonderful husband and two daughters. Family has become so much more important the older I become. There is a little regret and I wonder "what if" sometimes. Celebrating my 50th birthday in December has caused me to look back over my life and think about where I have been and what the future looks like. I feel positive about the future.

I believe that God has a plan and purpose for my life. He knew me before I was born. He loves me. I want very much to be in sync with His plan for me.

My purpose in life, as I understand it, is to love God and love others. I want to be the very best wife and mother I can be. I want to be a positive influence, to love others and offer affirmation, encouragement and help when I see an opportunity or a need.


Sara, you do just that every day. Your unwavering dedication to mind and body has been a huge inspiration to me, and I credit you for showing me the goal is never out of reach.

Keep taking care of yourself. By doing that, you are inspiriting many.

No comments: