Monday, March 15, 2010

My Reason For Being Here - Wrap Up Revised


"My Reason For Being Here" has been even more enlightening than I dreamed. I didn't get ten responses as I had hoped, but I think the nine I got were wonderful. Some people believe their purpose is linked to their occupation. Some people believe they have a purpose, but aren't sure what it is. Some never really thought about the question. Many of you believe that our purpose changes throughout our lives. Your reason for being here today may be different than it was ten years ago, or even a few months ago.

Personally, I believe we all have a responsibility to leave this Earth a little better place than when we came here. We may accomplish that task in many different ways; we all have our small but significant role to play. For the past twelve years I have worked hard to raise my children. I'm trying to teach them how to be good on the inside, how to please God, and how to be happy with themselves. I don't want to see them make the mistakes I've made. This isn't an easy task. Unfortunately, human beings sometimes just have to learn things for themselves...the hard way.

Right now I believe this journal to be one of my purposes. Not only to share information with my circle of friends and readers, but primarily so I can grow. It's very helpful to write my thoughts and journal my progress.

Thank you to all who shared in this project. I hope you were able to take something positive from the experience.

No comments: