Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hurricane In My Head

It's been a rough week for me. Although I believe I've looked completely normal on the outside, I've struggled all week with a hurricane of irrational thoughts swirling about inside my head, excessive anxiety, and some periods of depression. This is nothing new for me, it happens from time to time, I'm just not always positive what brings it on. This time, I think it's a whole series of small things attacking me at once.

As before, a week of this anxiety has taken a physical toll on me. I've had heart palpitations, chest pain, and loads of odd little twitches and spasms in my head and scalp. Thursday night, a vessel in my right temple began to throb. It throbbed so hard I was able to see it in the mirror.

I tried Dr. Eve's relaxation and breathing techniques this week and they didn't seem to work. I have purchased a used treadmill from a coworker and am anxious to get it delivered and set up. I'm hopeful that some intense exercise may alleviate some of the stress I have been internalizing.

If you've never experienced the kind of anxiety I am describing, you probably think I'm crazy. Hell, sometimes I think I'm crazy. I'm not sure if my symptoms are hormonal or mental, but one thing is for sure: they are physically debilitating.

I got a very good night's sleep last night. I believe fatigue may also be a factor. Now that I'm well rested, I'm trying to sort through each issue I believe may be weighing on my mind. I'm making baby steps and hope to be out of this cycle very soon.

No comments: