Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday Reflections

It's a pretty good day today, despite the fact we currently have no running water in the house. I'm hoping that problem will be fixed by this afternoon.

I feel happy again this Sunday. Relieved. As always, the things I can not control worry me, but much less than they sometimes have. I feel hopeful.

I found out this week that Kitty will be coming for a visit in a few weeks. I'm extremely excited about that, and will be planning a birthday party for her while she is here. My kids will board a plane and fly down there together for a whole week in July! I can't believe they are old enough to fly by themselves. I've never been away from them that long, and I know I will miss them like crazy, but they will have a trip they will always remember.

My dad has to go in the hospital for a couple of nights. He's going to be having a heart procedure. The doctors expect it to be simple, but at 82, of course I'm a little bit worried. A lot of pressure falls on me when my dad is incapacitated. There's really no one else but me to get him where he needs to be, care for him, and make decisions for him. That's stressful to me. This procedure, and his gall bladder surgery were minor. I sometimes think what if something major happens? How will I work full time, take care of my kids and my home, and care for him? I just have to trust that it can work, and cross that bridge if and when I get to it.

So, I'm living in today, and today is a good day.

No comments: