Thursday, July 21, 2011

Shake Your Tail Feathers

In the animal world, the male is usually the feathered, maned, more decorated of the species. Male peacocks strut their beautiful tail feathers to attract a mate. No lioness can resist the male lion with his stunning mane.

But with humans, it's typically the women who are painted, bejeweled, and decorated. So when a human male wants to impress the world, what has he got? His vehicle.

Today I saw a man who was sitting in a parking lot, under a shade tree away from any stores, near the street. He was dressed nice, looked clean, and a bit nervous. I expected he probably smelled nice too, with fresh after shave. I don't know why, but I got the feeling he was waiting to meet someone; possibly a blind date, or maybe even a secret lover.

Anyway, the man was sitting in a very nice, but rather large pick up truck. It was brilliant blue, shiny and clean; just gleaming in the sun. Not a spot nor bug on it. I figured it was his way of saying "Here I am! Look at me! See my pretty feathers? I must be a very good catch!"

Man, I think of the strangest things sometimes.

No comments: