Friday, February 12, 2010

My Reason For Being Here - Intro


"What is my purpose in this life?" is a question that seems to pop up every few months during deep conversations with a close friend of mine. I believe this question truly haunts this person. The more I thought about it the more interested I became in the subject, so I decided to implore the help of my 'Detach' readers and create our first "interactive" mini series.

Welcome to "My Reason For Being Here".

I interviewed ten interesting and insightful women that I know, love, and trust, posing the question "Why do you believe you have been put on this earth"? Some of these women are married, some are not. Some have children, some do not. Some are young, some are older. Some have jobs, some work at home. Some attend church, some do not. Answers are starting to trickle in and I am amazed at some of the comments. Some people seemed to find this a very easy question to answer. Some found it difficult. Some answers were relatively short, some were quite lengthy.

I'm convinced there's no right or wrong answer to this question, just everyone's own very unique and very personal thoughts.

This promises to be an enlightening series, so stay tuned!

No comments: