Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Intervention Part Two

The second episode of "Intervention" was about some musician. I happened to wander into the room during a scene where his girlfriend was trying to sleep but the guy woke her up. She calmly tried to tell him she was sleeping and to please leave her alone. He wouldn't give up. He persisted until she was up out of bed, then he started picking a fight with her. She tried really hard to stay calm and avoid the fight, but he became relentless. He picked and picked until she could take no more. As I watched this scene, something came over me. It brought back memories of this very scene being played out many times before in my home. I watched the woman try to hold it together and I could sense her tension as things started to unravel. Instantly I felt electricity start to run through my body. Finally I just exploded. I jumped up off the couch and shouted "She just wants to go to sleep asshole. Now leave her alone before she blows your brains out!!!".

I don't know where this came from, but I didn't like it. It was a reminder for me how horrible living with a drunk really is. It also reminded me that I will never go back to that way of living again. Yeah....we both needed those two episodes.

Oh, and I'm happy to report that the musician completed rehab and as of the air date, had remained sober.

No comments: