Sunday, March 15, 2009

This Inspired Me

Lil Rounds is a talented young woman with a beautiful voice, and a contestant on this season of American Idol. I hope she'll go far in the competition.

In Feb, 2008 Lil's home was destroyed by a tornado that ripped through Memphis, TN. She and her husband were forced to move their three children into an extended stay hotel.
On Tuesday night's episode Lil made a comment that has stuck with me all week.

"People saw I had one child, then two, and then three.
They said 'what are you talkin about, being a singer,
being away from your children?
You can just really, really let it go',
But the day you let go of your dreams is the day you let go of your life."


Thanks for the inspiration Lil. I've fully accepted the fact that it's time for me to move on career wise. If I'm patient enough I know the right opportunity will come along. There's something new and exciting out there for me; I'm just not positive I know what it is. I'm trusting I will know when the time is right. I won't let go.

No comments: