Sunday, July 13, 2014

A Much Needed Break

I'm spending the week at Kitty's house in South Florida. A much needed break from the day to day hustle and bustle of my life. 

Flying down here, I was reminded of the strange superstions I practice when I fly. 

As soon as I go through the security checkpoint I have to find the nearest water fountain. Luckily in my city, there is a fountain at the end of the checkpoint. When I reach the fountain, I take two Dramamine. I have always had terrible motion sickness. During take off, I always pray. Once cabin service begins, I always order ginger ale. This was likely born from my motion sickness problem, but I still do it. As soon as I get off the plane, I find a restroom. It's just what I do. Superstition or habit, I don't know. 

Anyway, I'm here, and so far it's been absolute Heaven. Friday night we went to an Italian restaurant and I enjoyed a huge portion of Veal Parmesan, linguini, hand twisted bread, salad, and a cold Peroni. Yesterday, my brother in law BB made a wonderful breakfast of blueberry pancakes, then we spent the day at the pool. A steak dinner and "The Big Lebowski" rounded out the day. No drama. No stress. Just wonderful food and great company. 

Oh....not all of us had a drama free day. The garage door broke and we were locked out for awhile. BB had to climb a ladder and crawl through the kitchen window which had fortunately been opened during pancake preparation.  

I'm thankful for this break, and for the wonderful hospitality of my hosts. Two people I love very much. Not sure I can ever repay all their kindness. 

No comments: