Monday, May 27, 2013

Why Do You Have A Flower On Your Toe?

The other day I noticed how incredibly cute a friend of mine looked. She was smiling, and she had cute sandals, an ankle bracelet, a toe ring, and a fresh pedicure. Bright red polish. And one big toenail was painted with a cute white flower. I commented on how nice she looked, and how I loved the flower. Her response shocked me a little. She said her sister took one look at her toes and said "Why did you get that flower?".

I don't really know why that bothered me, but it did. A lot.

The older I get, the more I do not want to wear beige. I do not want to blend in with the rest of the old people and their neutral, invisible, practical clothes and shoes. I say get a flower painted on your damn toe! Get a tattoo! Be alive! Let the world know who you are. Celebrate life!

No comments: