Tuesday, December 17, 2013

When We Were Thirty

1993 was the year we all turned 30. 

It was the time of "Jurassic Park", "The Fugitive", and "Sleepless in Seattle".

Top television shows included "Seinfeld", and two of my all-time favorite shows, "Frasier"  and "Coach".

Whitney Houston also turned 30 that year, and she was on the top of the charts with "I Will Always Love You". 

Some of my friends had children by now. We were all in very different places in our lives.

My marriage had ended three years earlier. I was single, and already dating my current husband. I was in the prime of my life. I looked and felt better than at any other time before or after that. I had my own little house and a nice car. I had accepted a position in management with my company two years prior. 

I was independent for the first time in my life, and I liked it.  I was very much in love, and spent a lot of time listening to music, going to concerts, and enjoying life. Once again, I had everything I needed, and most of what I wanted.


No comments: